Welcome to the MAT 2017 Section. In this section you will find MAT 2017 Exam, Date, Notification, Syllabus, Pattern, Eligibility and Results.
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is an entrance exam conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) for admission to the post graduate management courses throughout various management institutes in the country. Through MAT management aspirants can get admission in to a very large number of management institutes throughout the country. Therefore MAT is very popular among the management aspirants. One can say that MAT is to post graduate management courses as AIEEE is to undergraduate engineering courses. The Government of India has approved MAT as a National Entrance Test for admission to MBA and equivalent programmes. Management Aptitude Test is an objective test with 200 multiple choice questions to be completed in 150 minutes or two and a half hours.
MAT is usually conducted 4 times in a year in February, May, September and December.
MAT 2017 Dates:-
MAT May 2017 Date -
Paper Based Test - 07 May 2017 (Sunday)
Timing - 10.00am-12.30pm
Computer Based Test - 13 May 2017 (Saturday) onwards
Timing - In different Time slots at specific test venues; subject to number of candidates registering for Computer Based Test.
Last Date for Online Registration:28 April 2017 (Friday)
MAT 2017 Paper Pattern:-
Mode of Test:- Two options to take the test: Paper Based Test Or Computer Based Test.
Dates and Timings of the test:-
- Paper Based Test is being conducted on the first Sunday of the February, May, September and December from 1000-1230 hours
- Computer Based Test is being conducted from Saturday onwards (6 days after the Paper Based Test date) and in different Time slots.
Validity of MAT 2017 score:- Validity of the MAT score is for that particular session for most MI’s is one year.
MAT 2017 Syllabus:- The MAT comprises of multiple choice objective type questions in the areas of Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude and Logical/Abstract Reasoning. In all there would be 200 questions to be answered in a total time of two and half hours (i.e. One hundred and fifty minutes). There is negative marking in some of the exam schedules and the exam is conducted 4 times in a year.
List of the Institutes/ Colleges accepting MAT Score for admission:-
- Accurate Business School
- AIMA-Centre for Management Education (PGDM)
- Amity University, Asia Pacific Institute of Management
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's Usha & Lakshmi Mittal Institute of Management
- BLS Institute of Management, Chandigarh Business School
- Delhi School of Professional Studies & Research
- Dr Gaur Hari Singhania Institute of Management & Research
- Galgotias Business School, Guru Nanak Institute of Management
- ICFAI University
- IILM College of Management Studies
- Jaipuria Institute of Management
- JK Business School
- Lovely Professional University
- KIET School of Management
- Taksila Business School
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies.